Dr. Herrington uses his Chiropractic approach to care for the needs of Hattiesburg and it’s nearby communities. His Chiropractic approach targets musculoskeletal and neurological conditions. Many people begin chiropractic care due to back or neck pain, but Dr. Herrington also treats headaches, migraines, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, auto accident injuries and sports injuries.
His goal is to eliminate the cause of your discomfort as opposed to covering up the symptoms.
Dr. Herrington has a lifetime of exposure to the benefits of chiropractic care.
He joined several other family members in this profession after years of witnessing improvements from Chiropractic care. Dr. Herrington graduated from Parker University as a Doctor of Chiropractic. He expanded his studies through training in various chiropractic techniques including:
Diversified– this is the classic manual adjusting of the spine that occurs in a set pattern. Dr. Herrington positions your back and neck to alleviate discomfort and promote the proper firing of nerves.
Gonstead– this technique uses specific adjusting to focus on the exact area that is out of alignment. For instance, if Dr. Herrington views vertebrae in your lower back that is contributing to your pain, he gently places the vertebrae into position with the rest of the spine.
Thompson– the Thompson Drop Table assists in your chiropractic adjustments. You lie on the table which is set to absorb some of the force and positions your body to easily accept the manipulation.
Activator– when required, Dr. Herrington may use the Activator tool to adjust your spine or joints. This tool adjusts your bones with pinpoint accuracy and is beneficial when manipulating joints such as your wrist and jaw.
Spinal Decompression Therapy– this technique lengthens the space between your vertebrae to reduce pain from degenerative discs, herniated discs, and pinched nerves.
Cold Laser Therapy– when dealing with muscle recovery, Dr. Herrington suggests cold laser therapy stimulate cellular repair.
Exercises– Dr. Herrington understands and values movement to promote health and wellness. He shows you exercises to maintain spinal health and keep you active and strong. Dr. Herrington also works with you to modify some of the movements in your current workout routine if he believes they are causing some of your issues.
Dr. Herrington Treats Multiple Conditions
Dr. Herrington has experience helping those who suffer from various conditions. The most common conditions seen by a Chiropractor include:
- Headaches/migraines/tension headaches
- Neck pain, including spasms, knots, or tightness in the neck shoulders, or upper back muscles. As well as biomechanical issues with the neck joints, and faulty posture patterns.
- Cervical Radiculopathy or pain, numbness, and tingling going into the arms, hands, and fingers.
- Back pain, including spasms in the thoracic and lumbar spine, biomechanical joint issues and faulty posture patterns. As well as pain and limited motion from scoliosis.
- Sciatica or pain, numbness and tingling that travels into the legs.
- Disc conditions including bulging, herniated or slipped discs
- Personal injuries such as slip and falls, or work related injuries.
- Sports injuries
- Auto accident injuries such as whiplash
- Extremity adjustments for conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and frozen shoulder
Contact Herrington Chiropractic at 601-450-4567 to Schedule an Appointment with our Chiropractor Today!